use free wireless
offer free wireless
make a donation
Wireless Toronto Terms of Service
The Wireless Toronto service is provided by the Wireless Toronto group (a non-profit, volunteer run organization) and partner organizations. The service is volunteer-supported and offered to you free of charge. In these terms of service “Wireless Toronto” means the Wireless Toronto group, its partner organizations from time to time, and their respective directors, officers, employees and volunteers from time to time.
By using the service, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- You assume full responsibility for your usage of the services.
- The service is not secured or encrypted. You assume full responsibility for taking any security measures necessary to protect your communications through the service.
- You will be respectful towards all other users of the service and will not interfere with or act to the detriment of their use or enjoyment of the service.
- You must provide your email address to create a Wireless Toronto account. You will use an email address that is valid on registration and at any time that you use the service.
- You will not use the service for any illegal activities and you will comply with any acceptable use policy or use guidelines that Wireless Toronto institutes. Excessive use of bandwidth, use of the service from home or place of work or other use deemed unreasonable by Wireless Toronto is prohibited.
- You will not sell, lease, relay or share the service or any particular wireless connection provided by the service without the express prior consent of Wireless Toronto .
- You acknowledge that when you use the service your username and location will be visible to other users of the service or on particular pages on the public Internet.
- Wireless Toronto provides the service without any warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including warranties of quality, availability or security.
- You agree that neither Wireless Toronto, other users of the service nor the operator of the access points to which you connect shall have any liability to you or any other person, whether for general, special, punitive, aggravated, economic or other damages, arising out of your usage of the service. You agree to indemnify Wireless Toronto for any claims, loss or injury caused to it or any other person because of your use of the service.
- Wireless Toronto will not without your express consent collect your personal information, except for the email address you use to register for the service, the MAC address of your wireless device, the times and locations of your connections, and the amount of data transferred through those connections. In addition, it will not log your data or its destination except when Wireless Toronto needs to analyze data transfer in order to resolve technical problems.
- Wireless Toronto will use your personal information solely for internal purposes in connection with the operation, management and maintenance of the service or its transfer to another operator, and will use customary measures to maintain the security of that information, and will only keep the information for as long as is reasonably required to fulfill these purposes.
- Unless Wireless Toronto is required to do so by applicable law, it will not share your personal information with any third party without your express consent; provided that Wireless Toronto may for research purposes share aggregated and anonymized information derived from your information including your personal information, and provided also that when you use the service your username and location will be visible to other users of the service or on particular pages on the public Internet.
- If you wish Wireless Toronto to delete your personal information from its records, or if you have any questions concerning the use of your personal information, please contact technical support at the email address shown on the Wireless Toronto home page.
In order to maintain this service in the long-term, Wireless Toronto may:
- Institute connection limits, such as limiting speed or quality of connections.
- Deactivate accounts for any reason whatsoever at the sole discretion of Wireless Toronto. Deactivation may occur for reasons including, but not limited to, users not abiding by this agreement or for purposes of eliminating duplicate accounts.
- Block outgoing SMTP email connections or the use of any particular ports.
- Contact users, using the email address under which they are registered, on subjects relating directly to the activities or operations of Wireless Toronto.
Last updated: January 15, 2007